With Twitter gaining a massive following and users signing up by the dozen, here are a few tips for maximizing your twitter experiance.
- @username + message
directs a twitter at another person, and causes your twitter to save in their “replies” tab.
Example: @meangrape I love that song too!
- D username + message
sends a person a private message that goes to their device, and saves in their web archive.
Example: d krissy want to pick a Jamba Juice for me while you’re there?
- WHOIS username
retrieves the profile information for any public user on Twitter.
Example: whois jack
- GET username
retrieves the latest Twitter update posted by the person.
Example: get goldman
- NUDGE username
reminds a friend to update by asking what they’re doing on your behalf.
Example: nudge biz
- FAV username
marks a person’s last twitter as a favorite. (hint: reply to any update with FAV to mark it as a favorite if you’re receiving it in real time)
Example: fav al3x
- STATS this command returns your number of followers, how many people you’re following, and which words you’re tracking.
- INVITE phone number
will send an SMS invite to a friend’s mobile phone.
Example: Invite 415 555 1212
Turning Twitter off and on: device notifications
- ON: turns ALL phone notifications on.
- OFF: turns ALL phone notifications off.
- STOP, QUIT: stops all messages to your phone immediately
- ON username: turns on notifications for a specific person on your phone. For example, ON alissa.
- OFF username: turns off notifications for a specific person on your phone. For example, OFF blaine.
- FOLLOW username: this command allows you to start receiving notifications for a specific person on your phone. Example: follow jeremy
- LEAVE username: this command allows you to stop receiving notifications for a specific person on your phone. Example: leave benfu